|Title:||Researching Integration of ART Test Cases into JCAT|
Several frameworks are used at Ericsson for testing software. Among them are JCAT, and ART. JCAT is a Java tool based on JUnit while ART is based on Erlang Common Test. Previous test cases for Ericsson equipment were written in ART but Ericsson is now moving towards JCAT. JCAT and ART are reporting test results to different databases and this is a problem. The long term goal for Ericsson is to be able to run all tests in JCAT. Porting all Erlang code will take time so as an intermediate step, JCAT should be able to run ART test cases and then evaluate and log the results.
1. Research communication between ART and JCAT.
2. Research execution of ART test cases from JCAT.
3. Evaluation of the possible solutions in regard to which suites Ericsson's needs the best.
4. Proof of concept implementation using the results of (1) and (2).
a. JCAT should be able to run one ART test case and evaluate the results.
b. JCAT should be able to run one ART test suite and evaluate the results.
5. A technical report describing the research, evaluations, implementations and results.
The report should also describe the problems and possible solutions found during research and implementation.
1. A technical report.
2. A proof of concept.
|Company:||Ericsson, kontaktperson: Ian Kavanagh|
|Prel. end date:||2013-06-11|
|Student:||Thomas Åkerlund firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student:||Petter Isberg email@example.com|