The IDEAS Consortium will use a transparent, fair and objective application and selection mechanism based on
common standards. There will be no discrimination in gender, race or ethnicity of the individuals.
The Consortium Board considers the following main aspects:
- Academic results of applicants current or last degree.
- Special academic merits, such as awards, publications, etc.
- Disabled students with special needs.
- Students with socio-economical problems.
- Foreign language abilities.
For staff exchange, the following aspects will be meritial:
- Academic results.
- Contribution towards joint teaching modules between Home and Host Institution.
- Contribution towards joint research proposals.
- Participation in education at Host Institution.
- Specialization relevant to the Host Institution.
The goal is to maintain a fairly equal distribution of individual mobility to each Host Institution.
Specific information for selection in third Call for Applications.
For the third Call for Applications concerning Undergraduate, Master, PhD, Post-docs and Staff the earliest start of mobility will
be September, 2014. Latest start of mobility is 31. December, 2014. All mobility must be completed before July 2015.
As soon as the application closes on 15. December, 2013, the selection process will start and takes place
- Asian Partner Institutions validate
that the candidates applying from their respective countries are indeed registered at
the Home Institution indicated in the application.
They also rank the candidates according to pre-defined criteria.
The EU Partner Institutions assess their incoming
applications according to academic fit and eligibility criteria for the courses/ programs applied for and also rank their incoming applicants according to pre-defined criteria.
- Based on assessments made by the all Partner Institutions,
the Consortium Board takes the decision on which applicants are to be selected.
The selection seeks to find overall balance among the sending and receiving institutions, gender, prioritized
fields of study, etc.
- All applicants are informed about the result of
their application via the application system mobileme.
Foreseen time for notification: approximately March 1. 2014.
Note that you may be contacted by the institution
you have applied for before you get the results of your
scholarship application. Such contact may take place
if you need to submit additional documents for matters
of local admission, and does not mean that you
have been selected for a scholarship. Only an official
email from the Coordinating Team should be considered
the definite result of your application concerning
- Acceptance or rejections of offers are made in the mobileme system by the applicants. Foreseen deadline for responding to offers is approximately 10. March 2014.
- If you are nominated, you will be contacted by
your Host Institution who follow up on the practical
arrangements of the mobility. The Host Institution's
local rules are applied for admission and exam procedures.
Admission Letters are sent by the Host Institution to the accepted
candidates as soon as possible.
- Reserves: vacant spots resulting from drop-outs etc
are filled by applicants from the reserve list according
to criteria applied (target group, nationality, sending
and receiving institutions, gender etc).
All students have to start their mobility at the latest
when the academic term at Host Institution starts in the fall 2014
however staff mobility can start later than this date.
All mobility must be completed before July 2015