CDT501 2016 Spring period 1
ADVANCED COMPONENT-BASED SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, 7.5 ECTS
Small written assignment report on the lectures
This is an individual assignment.
For each lecture, you will have to submit a report that consists of two parts:
- The first part corresponds to the notes that you took during the lecture (must be in English)
- In the second part, you will have to describe, in your own words, the key concepts that were discussed during the lecture. To write this part, you are expected to read the corresponding chapter of the course manual plus any literature that the lecture is based on. You also need to select at
least 3-5 additional scientific articles that you will have to base your text on.
Additional information for part II:
Please, use the following template from here to write your report. You will have to submit a pdf file.
- "In your own words" means that we want to see your understanding of the concept (not the one from the authors of the book or the articles you selected)
- The article must be scientific in that sense that they come from IEEE, ACM, Google Scholar, etc. Websites, presentations and videos are not considered as scientific articles.
- The report shall be 3-4 page long (Times New Roman, 11, single line spacing, justified)
- Use critical thinking to write your report and select the scientific articles.
If you have any questions about the assignment, please contact Severine Sentilles.
Where to get the book:
- MDH's library (4 books are available)
- The book is also accessible as an ebook through the MDH library’s webpage. Go to the university library's website -> Discovery and search for "Building Reliable Component-Based Software Systems". You might have to sign-in with your university credentials to access the book.
How to submit:
- Make sure you have familiarized yourself with MDH's academic honesty policy and the tutorial from http://www.ub.gu.se/ref/Refero_eng/1intro.php . Make sure you have signed the form and hand it in to Séverine Sentilles at Lecture 2.
- All assignments must be submitted before the deadline to Severine Sentilles by email.