Each week, normally Monday afternoon, there is a 25 min follow-up meeting with the steering group in room U2-265. The purpose of these meetings is to inform the steering group about the overall status and progress of the project (in particular if there are some problems) and to discuss the feedback on your documents and project work. The project group should present the status of the project, what you did the previous week and what your plans are for the coming week. Taking turns doing this, perhaps involving more than one person each week (especially those that had special responsibilities the past week), can be good way to show that all members are involved in the work.
The weekly presentation should cover at least the following:
- What activities were planned for the previous week, and what was the outcome?
- What activities are planned for the coming week (including who will do what)?
- The remaining project backlog (not described in detail during the meeting).
- Any major obstacles or risks.
- The number of hours worked, for each member during the previous week and accumulated so far.
- Questions to the steering group, for example concerning feedback on submitted documents, or if something is unclear about future deliverables.
Things to think about:
- Presentation slides should be available to the steering group, and are one of the criteria we use to grade the projects.
- Activities should be defined at a rather detailed level (e.g. it is not enough to just define a big activity called Implementation with the whole project group assigned to it).
- In order to prepare the presentation, information must be collected from all project members each week. Define some routines how to do this in a simple way.
- The presented plan for the coming week should not just be a vague suggestion but the concrete plan defined and agreed upon by the group. Thus, you need to have an internal planning activity before the meeting (e.g. Monday before lunch, or Friday afternoon).
- The first weekly meeting will be a bit different since you have just started the work. We expect a small presentation of the group and the work you have done so far. Also take some time to study the available information about the the course and prepare questions in case something is unclear!
W46 (Wednesday Nov 11)
|9:05 ||-|| 9:30 || Group 1 |
|9:40 ||-|| 10:05 || Group 2 |
|10:15 ||-|| 10:40 || Group 3 |
|10:50 ||-|| 11:15 || Group 4 |
|11:25 ||-|| 11:50 || Group 5 |
W47 - W51 (Mondays 16/11, 23/11, 30/11, 7/12, 14/12, 21/12)
|13:15 ||-|| 13:40 || Group 1 |
|13:50 ||-|| 14:15 || Group 2 |
|14:25 ||-|| 14:50 || Group 3 |
|15:00 ||-|| 15:25 || Group 4 |
|15:35 ||-|| 16:00 || Group 5 |