- SACSys in IVA-100 list 2023 (May 2023)
- Accepted paper on ACM TECS (Apr 2023)
- Accepted paper at the RTAS 2023 (Mar 2023)
- Accepted paper on IEEE Access (Mar 2023)
- 2x Accepted papers at the IFAC World Congress 2023 (Mar 2023)
- Lic Defense Daniel Bujosa Mateu on Apr 20, 2023 (Jan 2023)
- Lic Defense Niklas Persson on Mar 21, 2023 (Jan 2023)
- Accepted paper “The SPEC- RG Reference Architecture for The Edge Continuum” at CCGRID 2023 (Jan 2023)
- Program Committee member for ACSOS 2023 (Jan 2023)
- Program Committee member for CCGRID 2023 (Nov 2022)
- Invited speaker at the CASTOR Software days 2022 (Sep 2022)
- Program Chair for ECRTS 2023 (Jul 2022)
- Program Committee member for RTAS 2023 (Jul 2022)
- Lic defense Anna Friebe on Jun 21, 2022 (Jun 2022)
- PhD defense Branko Miloradović on Jan 31, 2022 (Jan 2022)
- Program Committee member for SC 22 (Dec 2021)
- Program Chair for MED 22 (Jun 2021)
- Outstanding paper award at ECRTS 2021 (Jun 2021)
- Granted project FuturAS: Future generation Automation Systems (SSF Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research) (Dec 2020)
- Granted project PSI: Pervasive Self-Optimizing Computing Infrastructures (VR Swedish Research Council) (Oct 2020)
I am a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Mälardalen University (MDU), in the area of complex real-time embedded systems. My research focuses on the modeling and control of interconnected systems in the presence of uncertainty, as well as the application of control theory to the design and implementation of computing systems, particularly in the context of embedded and distributed systems.
Prior to my current position, I worked as a Postdoctoral Research Assistant at the Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione at the Politecnico di Milano under the supervision of Maria Prandini.
I was also a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Department of Automatic Control at the Lund University, where I worked under the guidance of Karl-Erik Årzén. Additionally, I was also a member of Lund Center for Control of Complex Engineering Systems (LCCC).
During my time as a PhD Fellow at the Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione at Politecnico di Milano, I focused on advanced model simplification techniques for continuous and discontinuous systems. I had the privilege of being mentored by Alberto Leva. If you’re interested, you can access my PhD thesis here.
With my extensive academic background and expertise in complex real-time embedded systems, I am dedicated to advancing the field through innovative research and educating the next generation of engineers.
- Get my Resume
- Get my list of Publications
- Erdős number: 3
- Alessandro Papadopoulos - Daniel Mossé - Israel Koen - Paul Erdős
- Dijkstra number: 3
- Alessandro Papadopoulos - Ewa Deelman - John R. Rice - Edsger W. Dijkstra